Name declaration (marriage, divorce, change of name, child)

Foto shows documents, a pen and reading glasses
Documents© Colourbox

If you got married and wish to take your spouse's name or if a marriage was dissolved and you wish to change your name back to your name before marriage, a name declaration will be necessary BEFORE applying for the passport.

More information can be found below.

Naming Law and Civil Status Certificates


The information provided above referes to most routine cases presented to the German Embassy in Kigali. Due to the complexity of the German passport law and the multitude of conceivable case scenarios each individual case may have to be treated differently and further documents can be requested.

Additional content

Overview of current fees.

All Fees must be paid in cash (RWF).


Related content

Top of page