Visa to seek vocational training place (Section 17 Residence Act)
This page provides you with a checklist of the requirements for a “Visa to seek vocational training place”.
Information about vocational training
- Basic Information can be found on our website here.
- Documents not in the German language must be submitted with a certified translation. A translation of the personal data page of the passport is, however, not required.
- Certificates, diplomas, etc. must be presented in the original with apostille/legalisation. Your original documents will be returned to you once your application has been processed.
The visa must be approved by the Federal Employment Agency in Germany or the competent foreigners authority. The visa can only be issued when this approval has been received.
- Processing time is as a rule ca. 8-10 weeks but can take longer in individual cases.
- Flight reservations are not required to apply for a visa – please only book when you have received your visa.
- The mission abroad reserves the right to request further documents.
- Missing documentation delays the procedure and can result in your application being rejected.
- Please do not contact the mission abroad to check the status of your application during the normal processing period. Such inquiries are extremely time-consuming for the visa section and can thus not be answered.
Use the following checklist to make sure your application documents are complete. All documents listed here are to be submitted in full in the requested form and order with every application!
Provide the copies in two identical piles.
- Two (2) fully completed and signed applications including declarations pursuant to Section 54 Residence Act
- Where applicable, two (2) declarations fully completed and signed regarding contact details and power of attorney
- Two (2) recent biometric passport photos
- Valid passport (personally signed and with at least two (2) completely empty pages)
- Two (2) uncertified copies of the data page of your valid passport
Letter of motivation with one (1) copy outlining for what jobs and where a vocational training place is sought
Proof of German language skills (B2) in the form of a recognised language diploma (original and two (2) copies)
School-leaving qualifications (original and two (2) copies)
Proof of adequate financial means
- To stay in Germany, each individual applicant must have at their disposal at least 939 € per month. Proof of these means ( a blocked account or a formal undertaking by a third person to cover all costs). is to be provided in advance when the application is submitted.
- When submitting an application, financial means totalling at least 5634 € and additional funding to finance departure from Germany where applicable totallingca. 1.500,- € must be proven.
- In the case of financing in the form of a blocked account: Open the blocked account in good time BEFORE you apply for a visa. When applying for a visa, only the official confirmation of the opening of the account including information on the amount paid in and the amount available per month will be accepted. A confirmation which does not include this information is not sufficient.
- In the case of an undertaking by a third person to cover all costs: Proof in the form of a formal undertaking pursuant to Sections 66 and 68 Residence Act in which a third person undertakes in writing to cover all costs (original and two (2) copies)
- Proof of adequate health insurance cover
- Health insurance in line with EU standards (covering the entire Schengen area, minimum coverage of 30,000 €, valid from the day of entry for the entire stay.
Applicant of a nationality other than Rwandan
- Proof of habitual abode by “residence permit/visa”
Processing fee of 75 €. Payable cash in RWF.
Please fill this form out till the end.
Due to organizational reasons, the waiting time for visa appointments is expected to be longer than usual until the end of October. Inquiries that reach us in this regard will not be answered. Special appointments are not available.