DAAD in Rwanda
Logo DAAD, © DAAD
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is currently not directly represented in Rwanda.
Any questions related to
- studying in German
- individual scholarships
- the Rwandan/German government scholarships for PhD
- cooperation possibilities with German universities
can be addressed to DAAD Nairobi, Kenya.
About DAAD …
- the world’s largest funding organization for international exchange.
- the independent organization of German higher education institutions and their student bodies, devoted to internationalizing the academic system.
- an intermediary between higher education systems with a worldwide network of 17 regional offices and 50 Information centers (ICs) in more than 60 countries, approximately 500 DAAD-Lecturers and language assistants
- has, since 1925, funded around two million scholars in Germany and abroad
- a German institution in Europe, which contributes as National Agency
- for EU Higher Education Cooperation to shaping the European Higher Education and Research Area.
DAAD Regional Office Nairobi
The DAAD representation in the Kenyan capital Nairobi started as a small adjunct office in September 1973. Today it is a fully-fledged DAAD Regional Office for East-Africa (Kenya, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, South Sudan and Ethiopia) providing information about DAAD’s full range of academic programmes and offers consultation on study and research opportunities and funding possibilities for individual scholars in Germany and the East Africa region, for university collaboration between German and East African universities and research institutes, and for capacity building for university staff members at East African universities.
Scholarships and Funding by the DAAD
Here you will find information about our DAAD scholarship programmes for international students and researchers as well as offers from other selected funding organisations.