- valid passport at least 6 months valid and with 2 blank pages (submit original and 2 photocopies of personal page and visas)
- non Rwandans must have a valid residence permit for Rwanda (submit original and 2 photocopies)
- 2 recent photographs (biometric for Schengen visa)
- 2 application forms for “National Visa”, duly filled in and signed by the applicant
- proof of German language skills – at least A1 Level (Goethe Institute certificates are accepted) if studies are not in English
- certificate of enrolment at a German higher education institution (admission letter/Zulassungsbescheid)
- if possible proof of address in Germany
- school leaving certificates/academic certificates of Rwanda
- curriculum vitae
- letter of motivation (what is your intention after studying in Germany)
- if studies are self-sponsored: blocked bank account of a German bank (see below) or commitment declaration by a German sponsor (Verpflichtungserklärung)
- if applicable: evidence of granted scholarship
Application form must be filled in completely and in full detail, otherwise the application cannot be processed.
The registration fee is Euro 75 and has to be paid in RWF at the exchange rate of this Embassy.
The passport must be valid for at least three months beyond the end of the proposed journey and must be recognised by all parties to the Schengen Agreement.
Children/minors under the age of 16 must submit the notarized written consent of their parents or guardian (with notarized copy of the guardianship document) as well as the birth certificate.
The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents.
Allow 8 to 10 weeks for the application to be processed
As the processing fees vary from case to case, the applicant will receive detailed information when applying.
The processing fee will be paid in local currency (RWF) using the current exchange rate.
Rwandan civil documents to be used inGermanyhave to be verified in order to be accepted.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care, we cannot accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.
You can prove in the visa application procedure that you have sufficient financial means, for example in order to demonstrate that you are able to meet your living costs, with a blocked bank account.
Overview of current fees.
All Fees must be paid in cash (RWF).