- valid passport
- 1 recent passport size photograph
- 1 Schengen application form, duly signed by the applicant
- proof of work & family situation (letter from employer/ institution/ school, attestation de mariage)
- Medical certificate issued by the local physician that the treatment cannot be done in Rwanda
- Written confirmation of an appointment in a German hospital or with a doctor
- Proof of advance payment of the estimated costs for treatment; or presentation of travellers’ cheques in the same amount
- Confirmed flight reservation
- Medical travel insurance valid for all Schengen countries for the whole period of the intended stay with a minimum coverage of Euro 30.000
- Application form must be filled in completely and in full detail, otherwise the application cannot be processed.
- The registration fee is Euro 60 for a stay of less than 90 days; Euro 75 if stay is 90 days and longer. Fee has to be paid in RWF at the exchange rate of this Embassy. Children under the age of 6 can apply free of charge.
- The passport must be valid for at least three months beyond the end of the proposed journey and must be recognised by all parties to the Schengen Agreement.
- Children/minors under the age of 16 must submit the notarized written consent of their parents or guardian (with notarized copy of the guardianship document) as well as the birth certificate.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents.
- Allow 8 to 10 weeks for the application to be processed
- As the processing fees vary from case to case, the applicant will receive detailed information when applying.
- The processing fee will be paid in local currency (RWF) using the current exchange rate.
- Rwandan civil documents to be used inGermanyhave to be verified in order to be accepted.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care, we cannot accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.