- valid passport (see below)
- 2 passport size photographs
- 2 application forms for a long term visa, duly signed by both partents
- Letter by the mother/father explaining the situation
- if one parent stays in Rwanda: authorization of mother/father in Rwanda
- copy of the passport of the parent in Germany
- « acte de naissance » legalized by the Embassy (please note: “attestation de naissance” is not accepted)
- Proof of a medical insurance in Germany
- Application form must be filled in completely otherwise the application cannot be processed.
- The registration fee is aprox. Euro 38 and has to be paid in RWF at the exchange rate of this Embassy. Children under the age of 6 can apply free of charge.
- The passport must be valid for at least three months beyond the end of the proposed journey and must be recognized by all parties to the Schengen Agreement.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents.
- Allow 8 to 10 weeks for the application to be processed
If you have to submit a Rwandan document (e.g. birth or marriage certificate) to a German authority, either Embassies or authorities in Germany, these documents have to be legalized. Please find here further information.
Overview of current fees.
All Fees must be paid in cash (RWF).