- valid passport
- 2 passport size photographs
- 2 application forms for a long term visa, duly signed by the applicant
- Invitation by the mother/father
- depending on case: authorization of mother/father in Rwanda
- copy of the passport of the parent in Germany
- "acte de naissance" (& jugement supplétif) certified by MINIJUST (please note: "attestation de naissance" is not accepted)
- depending on age: proof of knowledge of the German language (please refer to website of the Goethe Institut on the right side of this page)
- Proof of a medical insurance in Germany
- Application form must be filled in completely and in full detail, otherwise the application cannot be processed.
- The registration fee is Euro 75 and has to be paid in RWF at the exchange rate of this Embassy. Children under the age of 6 can apply free of charge.
- The passport must be valid for at least three months beyond the end of the proposed journey and must be recognised by all parties to the Schengen Agreement.
- Children/minors under the age of 16 must submit the notarized written consent of their parents or guardian (with notarized copy of the guardianship document) as well as the birth certificate.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents.
- Allow 8 to 10 weeks for the application to be processed
- As the processing fees vary from case to case, the applicant will receive detailed information when applying.
- The processing fee will be paid in local currency (RWF) using the current exchange rate.
- Rwandan civil documents to be used inGermanyhave to be verified in order to be accepted.
Detailed information available at the Embassy.