- Valid passport (should be at least 6 months valid and must have 2 blank pages) must be shown and 2 photocopies submitted
- Nationals other than Rwandans must show a valid residence permit for Rwanda and submit 2 photocopies
- 2 recent and identical passport size photographs (biometric)
- 2 application forms for long term visa (Nationales Visum) duly filled in and signed by the applicant
- Original marriage certificate (“acte de mariage”) legalized by MINAFFET and German Embassy must be shown and 2 photocopies submitted
- Birth certificate (“acte de naissance & jugement suppletif”) certified by MINAFFET (please note: “attestation de naissance” is not accepted) must be shown and 2 photocopies submitted
- Invitation by spouse
- Copy of the passport of the German spouse
- Proof of knowledge of the German language (equivalent A1 level of Goethe Institute)
- Proof of a medical insurance in Germany
- Application form must be filled in completely and in full detail, otherwise the application cannot be processed.
- The registration fee is Euro 75 and has to be paid in RWF at the exchange rate of this Embassy.
- The passport must be valid for at least six months and must have at least 2 blank pages
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents.
- Allow 8 to 10 weeks for the application to be processed
- As the processing fees vary from case to case, the applicant will receive detailed information when applying.
- The processing fee will be paid in local currency (RWF) using the current exchange rate.
- Rwandan civil documents to be used in Germany have to be verified in order to be accepted.
Detailed information available at the Embassy.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care, we cannot accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.