- Valid passport (should be at least 6 months valid and must have 2 blank pages) must be shown and 2 photocopies submitted
- Nationals other than Rwandans must show a valid residence permit for Rwanda and submit 2 photocopies
- 2 recent and identical passport size photographs (biometric)
- 2 application forms for long term visa (Nationales Visum) duly filled in and signed by the applicant
- Original marriage certificate (“acte de mariage”) legalized by MINIJUS/MINAFFET and German Embassy must be shown and 2 photocopies submitted
- Invitation by spouse
- Copy of the passport of the spouse in Germany
- Proof of knowledge of the German language (equivalent A1 level of Goethe Institute)
- Proof of a medical insurance in Germany
- Application form must be filled in completely and in full detail - otherwise the application cannot be processed.
- The registration fee might be up to 75 Euro and has to be paid in RWF at the exchange rate of this Embassy.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents.
- Allow 8 to 10 weeks for the application to be processed
- Rwandan civil documents to be submitted in Germany have to be legalized
Detailed information available at the Embassy.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care, we cannot accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.