SCHENGEN VISA for TOURISM / VISIT
This page provides you with a checklist of the requirements for a SCHENGEN VISA for TOURISM / VISIT
Basic information (also the application form) can be found here.
Processing time is as a rule ca. 2 weeks but can take longer in individual cases.
In order to be processed, your visa application form must be filled in completely and has to be introduced at least 15 days (but less than 6 months) before your intended entry into the Schengen countries.
The Embassy reserves the right to request further documents.
Missing documentation delays the procedure and can result in your application being rejected.
Please do not contact the mission abroad to check the status of your ap-plication during the normal processing period. Such inquiries are extremely time-consuming for the visa section and can thus not be answered.
Use the following checklist to make sure your application documents are complete. All documents listed here are to be submitted in the requested form and order.
The following documents are to be submitted in full with every application!
- Two (2) fully completed and signed application (Schengen Visa)
- Where applicable, one (1)) declarations fully completed and signed regarding contact details and power of attorney
- One (1) recent biometric passport photos with white background
- Valid passport (personally signed and with at least two (2) completely blank pages), valid for at least 3 months longer than the visa applied for
- One (1) uncertified copy of the data page of your valid passport
Invitation letter or Commitment declarations by family / friends living in Ger-many or another Schengen Country (Verpflichtungserklärung) (It has to be issued by a German authority or the embassy abroad)
Proof of medical insurance for the trip with minimum cover of 30.000 €
Employer’s certificate for
- contract duration
- and monthly salary
Proof of own financial means:
- pay-slips of at least the last 3 months and
- bank statements of at least the last 3 months
- and social security fund (RSSB)) of at least the last 3 months
- For freelancers/self-employed:
- Business papers,
- Trade Register,
- business correspondences
- bank statements of at least the last 3 orders / jobs
- if applicable contracts/ agreements of at the last 3 orders / jobs
- For minors:
Birth certificate and school registration letter
Applicant of a nationality other than Rwandan:
- Proof of habitual abode by “residence permit/visa”
- Processing fee of 80 €. Payable cash in RWF.
Link to Videx - the electronic visa application form
This is a printable Version of the checklist for a Schengen Tourist Visa
Due to organizational reasons, the waiting time for visa appointments is expected to be longer than usual until the end of October. Inquiries that reach us in this regard will not be answered. Special appointments are not available.