Visa for a medical Treatment in Germany
This page provides you with a checklist of the requirements for a “Visa for a medical treatment”
- Basic information (also application form) can be found on our website here.
- Documents not in the German, English or French language must be submitted with a certified translation. A translation of the personal data page of the passport is, however, not required.
- Certificates, diplomas, etc. must be presented in the original with apostille/legalisation. Your original documents will be returned to you once your application has been processed.
- As a rule, visa applications must be approved by the relevant foreigners authority in Germany. The visa can only be issued when this approval has been received.
- Processing time is as a rule ca. 8-10 weeks but can take longer in individual cases.
- Flight reservations are not required to apply for a visa – please only book when you have received your visa.
- The mission abroad reserves the right to request further documents.
- Missing documentation delays the procedure and can result in your application being rejected.
- Please do not contact the mission abroad to check the status of your application during the normal processing period. Such inquiries are extremely time-consuming for the visa section and can thus not be answered.
Use the following checklist to make sure your application documents are complete. All documents listed here are to be submitted in the requested form and order.
The following documents are to be submitted in full with every application!
- Two (2) fully completed and signed applications including declarations pursuant to Section 54 Residence Act
- Where applicable, two (2) declarations fully completed and signed regarding contact details and power of attorney
- Two (2) recent biometric passport photos
- Valid passport (personally signed and with at least two (2) completely empty pages)
- Two (2) uncertified copies of the data page of your valid passport
Letter from employer which includes
or letter from school or university original and two (2) copies
- working position, start date of work and salary
Proof of adequate financial means
- Salary statements for the last 3 months, original and two (2) copies
- Bank statements of the last 3 months, original and two (2) copies
- and social security fund (RSSB)) at least the last 3 months
(as a rule in the form of the au-pair contract)
Proof of medical treatment: (two (2) copies)
- Medical certificate issued by the local physician concerning the urgency of the illness and that the treatment cannot be done in Rwanda and
- Written confirmation of an appointment in a German hospital or with a doctor
- Proof of adequate financial means for the treatment(two (2) copies)
- Sufficient financial means for the estimated treatment costs
- Estimated period of treatment
- Proof of settled payments
- Proof of Medical travel insurance valid for all Schengen countries for the whole period of the intended stay with a minimum coverage of Euro 30.000
(original and two (2) copies)
Applicant of a nationality other than Rwandan
- Proof of habitual abode by “residence permit/visa”
- Processing fee of 75 €. Payable cash in RWF.
Please fill this form out till the end.
Printable Version of the Checklist “Visa for a medical treatment”
Due to organizational reasons, the waiting time for visa appointments is expected to be longer than usual until the end of October. Inquiries that reach us in this regard will not be answered. Special appointments are not available.