Use the following checklist to make sure your application documents are complete. All documents listed here are to be submitted in the requested form and order.
The following documents are to be submitted in full with every application!
- Two (2) fully completed and signed applications including declarations pursuant to Section 54 Residence Act
- Where applicable, two (2) declarations fully completed and signed regarding contact details and power of attorney
- Two (2) recent biometric passport photos
- Valid passport (personally signed and with at least two (2) completely empty pages)
- Two (2) uncertified copies of the data page of your valid passport
Completed questionnaire of the Federal Employment Agency filled out and signed by the host family (here)
Signed au-pair contract based on the specimen contract published by the Federal Employment Agency (original and two (2) copies) A printout or fax copy will be accepted if the au-pair post was offered through an agency with RAL Gütezeichen (Quality Mark)
Personally drafted complete curriculum vitae, detailing in particular training to date and, where applicable, periods of employment with one (1) copy
Letter of motivation with one (1) copy detailing expectations of planned stay and anticipated career and personal benefits, as well as future plans
Residence registration certificate of the guest family (original and two (2) copies)
Where available: Proof of qualification, for example, diplomas, certificates, work log with translation (original and two (2) copies)
Proof of German language skills at A1 level in the form of a recognised language diploma (original and two (2) copies)
Health insurance in line with EU standards (to cover taking up residence in Germany and valid for the entire Schengen area, minimum coverage of 30,000 €, valid from the day of entry for the entire stay);
Proof of adequate financial means
(as a rule in the form of the au-pair contract)
Applicant of a nationality other than Rwandan
- Proof of habitual abode by “residence permit/visa”
- Processing fee of 75 €. Payable cash in RWF.
- You need to sign a declaration at the Embassy when applications are not complete.It will state that you have been informed that your application is not complete and you are aware that submitting an incomplete application can lead to the application being rejected. Nevertheless, you would like to submit your application.
Please fill this form out till the end.
Printable Version of the checklist for Au pairs.
Due to organizational reasons, the waiting time for visa appointments is expected to be longer than usual until the end of October. Inquiries that reach us in this regard will not be answered. Special appointments are not available.