- Basic Information can be found on our website here.
- Documents not in the German, English or French language must be submitted with a certified translation. A translation of the personal data page of the passport is, however, not required.
- Rwandan certificates. must be presented in the original and legalized. Your original documents will be returned to you once your application has been processed.
- As a rule, visa applications must be approved by the relevant foreigners authority in Germany. The visa can only be issued when this approval has been received.
- Processing time is as a rule ca. 8-10 weeks but can take longer in individual cases.
- Flight reservations are not required to apply for a visa – please only book when you have received your visa.
- The mission abroad reserves the right to request further documents.
- Missing documentation delays the procedure and can result in your application being rejected.
- Please do not contact the mission abroad to check the status of your application during the normal processing period. Such inquiries are extremely time-consuming for the visa section and can thus not be answered.
Use the following checklist to make sure your application documents are complete. All documents listed here are to be submitted in full in the requested form and order with every application!
Provide the copies in two identical piles.
- Two (2) fully completed and signed application forms
- Where applicable, two (2) declarations fully completed and signed regarding contact details and power of attorney
Two (2) copies of the passport of the spouse who lives in Germany
Two (2) copies of the residence permit
Two (2) recent biometric passport photos
- Valid passport (personally signed and with at least two (2) completely empty pages)
- Two (2) uncertified copies of the data page of your valid passport
Original legalized birth certificate and two (2) copies (“acte de naissance & jugement suppletif” when birth before 2016) (please note: “attestation de naissance” is not accepted)
Original legalized marriage certificate (“acte de mariage”) and two (2) copie
Confirmation letter indication the address where the applicant will stay to-gether with spouse in Germany and one (1) copy
Proof of adequate health insurance cover (medical and travel insurance) and two (2) copies
Timely notification in accordance with Section 29 (2) no. 1 of the Residence Act, which offers your spouse and minor children a simplified procedure for family reunification in Germany. (two (2) copies)
If the spouse has not filled out the timely notification within 3 months after the recognition as a refugee
Original : (equivalent A1 level of Goethe Institute). and two (2) copies. The certificate must not be older than two years.
If applicable: Original academic certificates and two (2) copies
Tenancy contract, two (2) copies
Proof of financial means: two (2) copies
- work contract
- pay-slips of at least the last 3 months
- and bank statements of at least the last 3 months
Applicant of a nationality other than Rwandan
- Proof of habitual abode by “residence permit/visa”
Processing fee of 75€. Payable cash in RWF.
Please fill this form out till the end.
This is the printable version of the checklist.
Due to organizational reasons, the waiting time for visa appointments is expected to be longer than usual until the end of October. Inquiries that reach us in this regard will not be answered. Special appointments are not available.