Visa for INTERNSHIP in Germany
This page provides you with a checklist of the requirements for a INTERNSHIP in Germany.
- Basic Information can be found on our website here.
- Documents not in the German, English or French language must be submitted with a certified translation. A translation of the personal data page of the passport is, however, not required.
- Certificates, diplomas, etc. must be presented in the original with apostille/legalisation. Your original documents will be returned to you once your application has been processed.
- As a rule, visa applications must be approved by the relevant foreigners authority in Germany. The visa can only be issued when this approval has been received.
- Processing time is as a rule ca. 8-10 weeks but can take longer in individual cases.
- Flight reservations are not required to apply for a visa – please only book when you have received your visa.
- The mission abroad reserves the right to request further documents.
- Missing documentation delays the procedure and can result in your application being rejected.
- Please do not contact the mission abroad to check the status of your application during the normal processing period. Such inquiries are extremely time-consuming for the visa section and can thus not be answered.
Use the following checklist to make sure your application documents are complete. All documents listed here are to be submitted in full in the requested form and order with every application!
Provide the copies in two identical piles.
- Two (2) fully completed and signed applications
- Where applicable, two (2) declarations fully completed and signed regarding contact details and power of attorney
- Two (2) recent biometric passport photos
- Valid passport (personally signed and with at least two (2) completely empty pages)
- Two (2) uncertified copies of the data page of your valid passport
- Internship contract with German employer (including: salary, duration, program,
working hours) (original and two (2) copies)
For the EU internship, you must submit a hosting agreement from the German company, with details on the description of the internship program with educational objective and learning components, duration, supervision, working hours, legal rela-tionship and cost coverage for up to six months after the end of the internship agreement (e.g. for the foreigner's subsistence during an unauthorized stay in the federal territory or deportation)
University graduates are asked for a job description and justification of the internship on the part of the company. (two (2) copies)
Certificate of the Central Foreign and Professional Placement Office (ZAV) about the consent to the internship. The German company will obtain this certificate for you. (original and two (2) copies)
Certificate of your university that the internship is compulsory (Fachpraktikum) (original and two (2) copies)
- Curriculum vitae with one (1) extra copy
- Letter of motivation (why do you want to do the internship in Germany?) with one (1) extra copy
School leaving certificates/academic certificates (O-level/A-level) (original and two (2) copies)
Professional experience (if applicable)
Proof of accommodation in Germany (two (2) copies)
- Proof of adequate financial means
- To stay in Germany the applicant must have at their disposal at least 861 € per month. Proof must be submitted with the application of financial means for at least one year, that is at least 10,332 € (for example, in the form of a blocked account or a formal undertaking by a third person to cover all Costs “declaration of commitment”).
- In the case of financing in the form of a blocked account: Open the blocked account in good time BEFORE you apply for a visa. When applying for a visa, only the official confirmation of the opening of the account including information on the amount paid in and the amount available per month will be accepted. A confirmation which does not include this information is not sufficient.
- Proof of adequate health insurance cover (medical and travel insurance) (original and two (2) copies)
Applicant of a nationality other than Rwandan
- Proof of habitual abode by “residence permit/visa”
Processing fee of 75 €. Payable cash in RWF.
Please fill this form out till the end.
Due to organizational reasons, the waiting time for visa appointments is expected to be longer than usual until the end of October. Inquiries that reach us in this regard will not be answered. Special appointments are not available.